Alkali Resistant RTV-2 Liquid Tin Cure Silicone Rubber For Making Concrete Manufactured Stone Veneer Molds
Silicone rubber MCSIL-2088 is a two-component material, consisting of Part A base and Part B MCSIL-CA30, cures at room temperature by a condensation reaction.
RTV2 silicone rubbers for molds are liquid or pasty silicone elastomers reticulating at room temperature. After the addition of appropriate catalyst they form a stable and not reversible compound characterized by high elasticity and mechanical resistance. Owing to their high chemical-mechanical properties combined with easy workability, the RTV2 silicone rubbers are suitable for making flexible moulds and matrices to reproduce, starting from an original model, hand-made articles of any kind and form, in different applicative sectors. Silicone moulds, owing to their anti-adherence features, allow an easy demoulding of models and assure extreme faithfulness in the reproduction of details.
1. Good flow ability and long working time
2. Excellent performance for duplication
3. High tear and tensile strength
4. Easy de-mould from complex replica parts
5. Acid and alkali-resistance
6. Low linear shrinkage
||32-34 Shore A
|Elongation at break
1- Take 100g of part A and add 2g of part B and mix the silicone rubber and curing agent evenly.
2- vacuum pumping
Without exception, this step takes less than 10 minutes. Otherwise, it will cause , and no more further steps will be available
3- Pouring mold or block mold of silicone rubber
The pouring way is an easy way to make molds, it's slowly and evenly pour into the mixed silicon rubber into the square frame. After the cross linking reaction.
MC RTV-2 mold making silicone rubber are suited for casting a wide range of materials Polyester/ Polyurethane/ Epoxy resin, gysum/ plater, cemetns/ concrete , wax , Jewelry, Food grade for chocolate, shoe insole, etc.
Part A base silicone: 5kg, 20kg/drum, 25kg/drum or 200kg/drum
Part B CA30 Curing Agent: 250g, 800g/bottle, 1kg/bottle
When the silicone rubber is stored at or below 30 centi degree in the original unopened containers, Silicone Base and Curing agent have a usable life of 10 months from the date of production. After 10 months stockpiles use the Stir to mix the Part A silicone for some minutes, then the silicone can be use again, no influence for other performance.
Procedures of mold making by RTV-2 Silicone Rubber
1. Clean and prepare specimen (apply consolidant, sealant, or release agent if necessary).
2. Build retaining wall around specimen.
3. Stir silicone base to loosen any settled material.
4. Decant desired amount of silicone into mixing container.
5. Mix in appropriate amount of catalyst.
6. Apply to specimen.
7. If reinforced mold is desired, gently press in gauze after pouring fist layer.
8. When cured, gently remove mold from specimen.
9. If needed, create rigid backing or jacket over mold with plastic,
urethane foam, or plaster.
10. Remove backing material and mold. Store mold inside rigid backing.
Benefits of MC Silicone
Ease of processing
High resin resistance increasing the number of cast parts
Low linear shrinkage for greater accuracy
Easy release of shapes, including large pieces and complex geometries
High compatibility with water-rich casting materials such as gypsum
Increased compatibility with high performance concrete
Dimensional stability due to very low shrinkage
High mechanical properties over a range of flexibility